Sunday, November 29, 2009

Transition

Oriental Town Government is in a state of transition. Tomorrow evening the outgoing and ingoing commissioners will gather to establish the agenda for Tuesday's meeting of the Town Board. At that meeting the outgoing board opens and approves minutes (including opening formerly closed minutes). Following that, the retiring commissioners withdraw and the newly elected board will be sworn in.

As of that event, I will no longer be a commissioner, so my blog has to have a new name. The new blog is named for our boat: http://mile181.blogspot.com. I plan to post my first blog entry that evening. Once I figure out the system, I'll try to link the two blogs so those who wish to do so can continue to post comments on either site.

I may have lost an election, but I haven't lost interest.

No comments: