Sunday, July 29, 2018

The Brilliance Of John Bolton

The Republican cognoscenti insist that John Bolton, the president's national security adviser, is "brilliant."

I have been unable to confirm that.

Long believed to be an anti-Russia hawk, more recently he has been friendly to Putin. Why this is so, I cannot tell.

When I saw a video clip of John Bolton giving a gun-rights speech to Russians, I laughed out loud.

Can Bolton be so ignorant or so gullible that he does not understand that there is no gun rights movement in Russia?  His speech was a farce.

But it was of a piece with the insertion of Maria Butina into NRA activities to mobilize the gun rights movement on behalf of Russian goals. Maria Butina is clearly a spy.

The NRA has become a "fifth column" acting to further the objectives of a foreign government.

How do I know this?

I know a lot about foreign affairs and national security policy, especially about Russia. I have been following such matters closely since about 1956.

John Bolton knows little or nothing about it.

No comments: