Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Training For Election Officials

Training for North Carolina election officials ended early this afternoon in Concord.

Some of the training was done by experts brought in from the world of education and training to improve our ability to prepare precinct officials to insure effective elections. The morning's expert, after enlightening us on the techniques of Andragogy (you can look it up), admitted that she had learned a lot. "I vote," she said. "I walk up to the scanner with my paper ballot, put it in the slot, and it says "whoosh.'"

"I had no idea until this week," she admitted, "what goes on behind the scenes. Thank you all for what you do."

I will have more to say after I study the election bills submitted to the General Assembly. Some have already been passed. Many of the bills seem based on what some legislators imagine goes on behind the scenes rather than actual knowledge.

The pending bill I most strongly support is H38. If adopted, it will eliminate second primaries. Good idea.

No comments: