Monday, January 11, 2021

 Let's be clear. What Donald J Trump did last Wednesday was Treason. It was, to be clear, levying war on the United States.

Levying war includes actual use of force by multiple people with the common purpose of keeping some public law from being enforced. In this case the public law being impeded was the certification of a valid presidential election. 

I'm an old white guy from Mississippi. I have lived through a third of our country's history. Most of that time I was paying attention. I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two. 

I have also worn my country's uniform in defense of our nation's defense since 1954. 

For the first time in all those years, I am ashamed of my country.

It will take a long time to erase the shame of this presidency.

No comments: