Wednesday, January 20, 2021

 I have been really annoyed at those (mostly republicans) whining about being asked to wear masks to protect their fellow Americans from covid. It interferes (they say) with their freedoms. Had that been the attitude after Pearl Harbor, we might not have won that struggle. I still have my ration cards that were issued in 1943.

Talk about freedom! Each year from 1942 to 1945 my mother had to save enough sugar ration cards for a birthday cake for me and my two siblings. But it wasn't all about us. We collected ten cans and other scrap metal, scrap paper and other items for the war effort. We grew our own food and sent our bst food to our troops and our allies. We genuinely worried about the starving children in China.

We didn't believe that greed was good.

No comments: